In the last decade, we have witnessed a technological revolution in the agriculture industry. Water monitoring through drones, sensors, and satellite imagery allows farmers to plan irrigation and make smarter decisions.
Let’s look at the top 5 AgTech industry trends for 2020:
- Increased investment and recognition of AgTech and FoodTech’s tremendous potential to reinvent our global food system and meet the needs of today’s consumers to produce healthier, more diversified, tasty and less expensive foods;
- Technology will be increasingly advanced in agriculture with smart, connected systems. These provide real-time analysis and data reporting that makes agricultural operations more efficient;
- The power of data (Big Data) and emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI) can now meet the needs of producers as well as consumers;
- Automation and robotics will continue to be the main focus of investors, as labor shortage continues to be one of the industry’s challenges;
- Growing markets like China and Brazil are affecting the future of food, which has major geopolitical implications. The AgriTech and FoodTech companies and foreign policy will converge this year.
We at Agroop are already part of this technological revolution. We provide an integrated product for the agricultural sector – the Stoock sensor and the Agroop Cooperation application. Our solution helps farmers, consultants, and companies to manage plant water needs and prevent pests, diseases, and fungi.
Suggested video: How This Farmer Uses AgTech for Data-Driven Decision-Making
Want to know how you can save resources, water, and agrochemicals and get better quality yields?